There are many benefits of PPC, especially for small businesses. But what is PPC? What are the key advantages of PPC? And how can your business start utilising these key PPC benefits today?
Keep reading our comprehensive guide to find out.
What is PPC?
PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click, which is a form of digital marketing where advertisers pay only when the ad is clicked. Advertisers bid on keywords related to their products and services that users are searching for on search engines like Google. When someone clicks on an ad, they are sent to the advertiser’s website.
As these ads are placed under well-researched and targeted keywords, clicks from PPC campaigns have the potential to convert well, as you know the customer is already interested in your product or service as they are actively searching for it.
When Should a Small Business Use PPC?
A small business should use PPC when they want to get their website in front of more people quickly. PPC campaigns are an easy and quick way to get in front of your target audience. Results from PPC activity can be instant, but the proper set up and management is vital.
Some of the key reasons a small business might want to consider PPC include:
- You’ve just launched and what to get some initial traffic
- You need additional traffic to help grow your business
- Your business might have a limited budget
- You have a high-value product or service that you want to seel quickly
You Might Like: Why & When To Hire a Digital Marketing Agency?
10 Key Benefits of PPC For Small Businesses
1. Reach a Large Audience With Minimal Effort
With PPC, you can target people who are already interested in what you have to offer. Advertisers only pay when someone clicks on their ad, so you know that the people seeing your ad are already interested in what you have to offer. Depending on your budget, and the CPCs you face you can potentially drive a lot of clicks to your website relatively quickly.
2. PPC Works Fast
PPC ads appear instantly on search engines like Google, so your ad is there for people to see straight away. This gives you an immediate edge over other forms of marketing, and Google Ads are likely the fastest way to get traffic, new leads and sales.
3. No Long-Term Commitment
With monthly pay-per-click, you can stop paying whenever you want. If you find that PPC isn’t working for you, or if your business changes and you no longer need the service, you can simply pause your ads and you’ll no longer get any clicks, which means no more costs from that point onwards.
4. Control Over Your Budget
You decide how much money you want to spend each day, and also on each click by setting a max CPC, so you can stay within your budget. You also have control over the keywords you want to target, so you can ensure that your ads are only being shown to people who are interested in what you have to offer.
5. Detailed Reporting
PPC provides detailed reports on how your ads are performing, how much money you’re spending, and which keywords are generating the most clicks. This information can help you fine-tune your campaign to ensure that you’re getting the most for your money.
Make sure you have conversion data set up within Google Analytic so you can see what keywords are driving leads or transactions and measure the ROI of PPC spend.
6. Increased Website Traffic
PPC can generate a lot of website traffic very quickly, which can result in more leads and sales for your business. It can also be used to test out new products, ads, and keywords. This allows you to make sure any keywords you are targeting with search engine optimization campaigns are the right ones before you commit more money or time.
7. Boosted Sales and Conversions
PPC can also help to increase your sales and conversions. When done correctly, PPC can help you find more customers who are interested in what you have to offer and increase the amount of money you make from each sale.
8. Only Pay For Clicks
As mentioned earlier, with PPC you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This means that you’re not wasting money on ads that no one is seeing. In addition, this means that PPC is a great option for businesses whose products or services cannot be easily found with search engines or those in industries that make it hard to rank organically.
9. PPC Only Targets the Right Opportunities and Keywords
PPC campaigns are laser-focused on the right opportunities and keywords, which means that you’re not wasting your time or money on keywords that don’t convert. If you see one keyword is spending a lot, but not converting you can simply pause it and move on.
10. PPC Complements SEO
PPC can be a great complement to your search engine optimization (SEO) campaign. It can also help you attract more traffic to your website while SEO helps to improve your website’s rank in search engine results pages (SERPs). When used together, these two marketing strategies can help you get even more leads and sales from taking up as much possible on search results pages.
Learn More: Why SEO is Important For Small Business
Getting Started with PPC for Small Business
- Decide on how much you are willing to spend per month – You can start small, but we usually recommend testing the waters with £100 ad spend. This will allow you to see how much your CPCs are and how much traffic your budget will drive.
- Decide how much you are willing to pay per click – Wherever you set your limit will be the upper limit of how much you are willing to spend.
- Choose your keywords – Research what keywords are trending for your industry. Also, make sure the words are relevant to the product or service you are offering. It is best to choose two to three keywords that will serve as your basis when advertising on the internet.
- Set up your PPC account – Different search engines such as Google and Bing Ads have different steps to set up your account, but essentially they require you to provide business information. The setup process for Google Ads is easy to follow.
- Launch Campaigns – Once you’ve created your ads, it’s time to launch them. Make sure to keep an eye on performance, you may need to up bids etc, check your keywords are getting impressions and that your ads are triggering any policy violations.
- Evaluate and adjust – The great thing about PPC is that you can constantly tweak and improve your campaign as you learn more about your customers and what they are looking for. This should include key PPC KPIs for accurately tracking your progress.
Finding a Great PPC Management Service
If you think that managing your own PPC campaign is going to be too much work for your small business, or really want to utilise the above PPC benefits, then it might make more sense to hire a professional.
Professional Pay-Per-Click Management Services offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Expertise – You’ll have the option to work with a specialist PPC agency and have account managers who have in-depth knowledge of how Google Ads works.
- Save you time – Using a ppc agency will allow you to leave the day to day management of your account to the experts, which allows you to focus on running your business.
- Save Costs – You may not be at the stage where you need to hire someone full time with your marketing, but you don’t have the time yourself, so hiring an agency can help support you here as well saving you money instead of hiring a full time employee.
Want To Utilise These Key Benefits of PPC For Small Business?
Think you might want to hire a PPC agency? Take a look at our PPC management services today. At Dandy, our team of digital marketing professionals has years of combined experience in helping businesses achieve their desired results through PPC advertising.
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, contact us today and let us show you how PPC can work for you!